Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Blood is Made of NoDoz

It's 2:53:43...44...45...and I can't sleep.  As per usual.  I've gotten to where it's the same thing pretty much every single night.  I sleep about 4 hours, wake up and can't get back to sleep, then wind up crashing for another hour or so somewhere in the middle of the day, and in the meantime, I feel like shit.  Just thought I'd put that out there!

Anyway, Ric and I went to Picasso on sunday to chill with Mandy while she covered her first official night managing.  Some soccer team showed up expecting their 60 person group to be accommodated by a restaurant with a maximum occupancy of 28 people, then got pissed that  A)they couldn't all be seated together, even though every single table owned by Picasso Pizza probably wouldn't seat 60, AND the place was already pretty crowded anyway from the usual sunday night drinkers, and B) they couldn't get a group discount.  Tell me, what freaking restaurant gives a DISCOUNT for a group of 60 people who spontaneously storm into a restaurant demanding attention ahead of all the other patrons?  Most restaurants charge a gratuity on top of the normal bill for a group this size, and they wanted discounts. PSSH!  They were so swamped that at one point, Mandy passed me a menu and the pricing list for the booze so I could memorize it because it was looking like I might get a foray into the wonderful world of food service.  Fortunately for all of us, they got pissed off enough to stomp into the sunset never to be seen again (this being AFTER Mandy and crew went to all the trouble of setting up tables and arranging a buffet style set-up so the team could eat), and as an added bonus, I can now rattle off the price of all the liquor at the bar, plus all the pizza toppings and specialty pizzas.  Had I actually gotten thrown into the ring with a crowd that big, I probably would've tinkled on my toesies, though.  All this took place the very same night we returned from St. Simon's, and I have to kind of chuckle at the fact that Mandy and I spend so much time together now that she actually called us on saturday to tell us she missed us, haha!

The wedding was a ton of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting a bit of a vacay bundled in with the festivities.  St. Simon's is extremely picturesque, and they have a wonderful, seaweed free beach.  While frolicking in the ocean, we actually had a group of dolphins swim up to within about 15 feet of us and start jumping around, so that was cool.  It was the first time I had ever seen dolphins really close up while in the wild, so once we were sure we weren't looking at a shark, it was awesome.  The wedding got started a bit late (one of the groomsmen forgot his pants.  If it were my wedding, I would've just told all the men in the wedding party to remove theirs, too, but that's not how Grant and Marie roll, so kudos for class, you guys!), but it was really pretty and a lot of fun.  They had a silly amount of assorted types of wine set out all over the room, so I can safely say it's the only wedding I've ever attended where I had menage a trois!  After the reception, we met up with some friends on zee beach and went for a nice long walk before the tide came in, Ric broke his flip flop, and we hopped in the cars and headed for the coast guard station to go walking on that end of the island, but apparently, the beach on that end closes, so the po-pos said no-no, and we had to call it a night.  Thus ends our St. Simon's adventures.  Tune in next time for...well...whatever shit I manage to get myself into between right now and next time!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
withbloggerycomesclarity.blogspot.com by Maggi Rivera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.