Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We're goin', we're goin', we're goin' on a trip...

Well, I was going to save this post for tomorrow, but Ric's watching Russell Brand on tv (that guy annoys me; Russell, not Ric), and besides, I'm a little buzzed (thanks be to The Fox and Roman), so what the hell, right?

Sunday, Ric and I were sitting around the hotel room looking at the brochures from the lobby, looked at each other, and both got up and headed for the car. Love those moments where we psychically know the other is bored, haha! First stop, Kirkham Priory, an Augustinian priory founded in the 1120s and later used during WWII for D-Day preparations. Forgive some of the weird angles and branches, etc--we were kind of taking pictures through the shrubs because the place isn't open in the winter, heh heh.

















The priory is located on the banks of the River Derwent...






Next, we headed north to Pickering Castle, which is weirdly enough right smack in the middle of a residential neighborhood. It's also closed this time of year, so we snapped a couple of pictures of what we could see of it, then kept right on rollin'...






The drive toward Scarborough was really gorgeous; unfortunately, cameras don't do so well out of car windows at high speeds, so I only have a couple of pictures of the countryside.




Okeydokey, the next pictures are from Scarborough within the town, on the coast, and of Scarborough Castle (very likely more to come of that one later because I have every freaking intention of heading back here another day).







Last, we headed to Whitby Abbey. Unfortunately, it was starting to get dark by this point, so the pictures we got really don't do it justice. It's kind of hard to stand balancing precariously on a pole while attempting to take pictures over an eight foot tall brick wall!



Funny story about this next one...um, I kind of managed to get my hand stuck in a gate in order to get this one, hehe! Scraped my knuckles a tiny bit, but I think it wound up being worth it!



I wasn't tall enough to get any pics over the brick wall, so for the next few, I was holding Ric's ass while he balanced on a wooden beam Mr. Miyagi style. Damned slow shutter speed and dark and blurrableness! Yes, I love making up words!







So yeah, that was our weekend. WOOT, finally made it through blogging the weekend! Now how's this for short and sweet in comparison to the weekend: last night, we went to Akbar's for Indian food (it was awesome), and tonight we went to The Fox and Roman (also awesome). TADA!!! I'm all caught up!

2 comments:

  1. although you mock some of the darker pictures that are kinda hard to make out the details...the pics are still fantastic! I'm glad you guys are having a great time!

    I'm super jealous! Im mailing myself to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, a visitor! C'mon over, Minda!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
withbloggerycomesclarity.blogspot.com by Maggi Rivera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.